Release date: Nov 6, 2015
Thumbs are no longer anatomical but rather the static characters of approval for a job well done. The likes that catalog our individual preferences. They grade the successes playing out in a virtual world and within our own minds. Endlessly gathered into sprawling market-ready databases rivalled only by our idea of a God.
Thumbs was made as a mixtape by Busdriver to further explore the concept of a homogenous citizenry from his last record Perfect Hair. It draws from the defining musical tropes of the LA underground rap experience with the isolation born from racial politics fixed as a central theme. Frequent collaborators such as milo, Mono/Poly, Kenny Segal, Fumitake Tamura all appear for the most action-packed Busdriver release to date.
- 1. Absolutions in the Hottentot Supercluster
- 2. Black Labor (As Understood by Equiano)
- 3. Hyperbolic 2
- 4. Much
- 5. Ministry of the Torture Couch
- 6. Worlds to Run
- 7. Skit
- 8. Surrounded by Millionaires
- 9. Great Spooks of Enormous Strength
- 10. Del's Couch
- 11. Shadows and Victories
- 12. NY 03 LIVE (with Caural)
- 13. Species of Property