things that happen at day // things that happen at night
Label: Hellfyre Club
Release Date: Apr-02-2013
A clumsy messenger for a generation that is increasingly at odds with the (digital) world it is presented, milo is at the forefront of a rebellion against irony. His songwriting is brimming with an uncomfortable and unflinching persistence to depict life in a wide-eyed earnestness. It seems like the young rapper's comfort zone is simultaneously everywhere and nowhere, occupying space etched out by art rappers Open Mike Eagle and Busdriver while nonetheless taking the form to a new place. To hear milo quip about 18th century German Idealism and in the same sentence affirm a longing for Gianna Michaels is nothing. He is truly a product of a postmodern era and is raging, ardently, against it. To plagiarize some other rapper, he's a "fucking walking paradox."
"things that happen at day // things that happen at night is a double-EP exploring duality and responsibility. It is unavoidably obtuse, overwhelmingly self-important and I am not sorry."
mastered: Colin Shekem (day)
mixed: Riley Lake
spiritual adviser: Braden Morgan
things that happen at day produced by Riley Lake
things that happen at night produced by Analog(ue) Tape Dispenser
artwork: Jee-Shaun Wang
1. sweet chin music (the fisher king's anthem)
2. almost cut my hair (for Crosby)
4. legends of the hidden temple
5. almond milk paradise (feat. Safari Al)
6. kenosha, wi
7. a lazy coon's obiter dictum
8. the Gus Haynes cribbage league (feat. Busdriver)
10. folk-metaphysics, 2nd ed.
11. post hoc ergo propter hoc (for Schopenhauer)
12. the otherground pizza party (feat. Open Mike Eagle)
13. prop joe's clock repair shop